Having the right hairstyle is part of having the perfect wedding day and Gorgeous Wedding. I have 5 bridal hairstyles for your wedding!
There’s something for brides with every type of hair and style. In addition, there are also several designs for other members of the bridal party. Every hairstyle includes easy-to-follow instructions and plenty of step-by-step photographs.
Invite a good friend over and try out a few hairstyles (if not all the 5 bridal hairstyles) before selecting the one you want for your Big Day. Not only will you save money by styling your own hair, but you’ll also enjoy the thrill of knowing that you were directly involved in your own fabulous hairstyle!
When your wedding day arrives, you won’t need to adapt your schedule to fit in an appointment with a hairstylist. With Gorgeous Wedding Hairstyles in hand, you’ll be able to have your hair done when you want it, in the comfort of your own home, and without paying high salon prices
What You Need
I. BLOW DRYER
Use this to dry freshly washed hair before styling it. In some cases, you may also need a blow dryer for the styling process.
II. BOBBY PINS
These small pins are used to secure the hair close to the head.
III. CURLING IRON AND HOT ROLLERS
Both of these are used to curl hair. Besides, curling irons are easy to travel with, and great for using when you want to control the direction of the curl. Hot rollers are convenient when curling the entire head of hair. A double-barrel curling iron can be used to make waves in hair.
Use this to add volume and accentuate hair that has been curled.
V. ELASTIC BANDS
Use these to secure ponytails and braids. Choose ones that are gentle on the hair and don’t rip it. Neutral colors are best, since they may be visible in some hairstyles.
VI. HAIR ACCESSORIES AND FLOWERS
The 5 bridal hairstyles feature accessories to enhance the finished look. Furthermore, flowers are always a great accessory for bridal hairstyles.
VII. HAIR CLIPS
These are used to hold sections of hair during the styling process. Metallic clips with sharp teeth are used to create sharp waves.
VIII. HAIR EXTENSIONS
Natural or synthetic hair additions are integrated into hairstyles to add volume and length. Hair extensions may be long or short, straight or curly, braided or left loose. Good quality hair extensions can be reused many times.
IX. HAIR WRAP
This variety of hair extension comes wrapped in a sheer net. It usually looks like a removable bun and is used to increase volume.
These can be used to wrap hair (or hair extensions) to create a base in a hairstyle.
XI. HOLDING SPRAY
Mist this onto the finished hairstyle to ensure that it lasts a long time. In some cases, you’ll also want to mist the hair during the styling process in order to hold a particular shape. I usually recommend spraying from a distance of about 8 inches so that the holding spray is evenly dispersed on the surface of the hair. When spraying a specific area, you may want to move in a bit closer.
XII. MOLDING WAX
Applying this to the hair helps sculpt it and achieve a strong hold. A little wax goes a long way, so apply a bit to the palm of your hand and then rub it into the hair.
These can be integrated into hairstyles to add structure and volume. To avoid having them visible in the final hairstyle, choose ones that are similar in color to the hair.
XIV. TAIL COMB
Also called rattail combs, these combs have teeth at one end and a fine point at the other. Use the teeth for backcombing hair and the fine point for making parts.
Bridal veils come in many styles and designs. The ones used in these hairstyles are attached to a simple white hair comb which makes them easy to insert and remove.
XVI. WAVE IRON
This is used to crimp hair into waves.
XVII. WIDE-TOOTH COMB
Use this to separate locks of hair.
The Bridal Veil
There are so many different styles of bridal veils to choose from! Make sure the veil you select complements the design and fabric of your dress – and your hairstyle.
I recommend selecting a veil that has a small comb attached to it. Inserting this comb into your styled hair secures the veil in place. Try on the veil with your hairstyle before your wedding day and consider how you want to position it – do you want to insert the comb above or below the focal point of the hairstyle? Once you have decided where the comb will be inserted, create a base to support the comb by backcombing the hair in that part of the hairstyle.
INSERTING AND REMOVING
Inserting and removing the comb is simple, and shouldn’t have any impact on your hairstyle. Practice before your wedding day to make sure you get it right.
- Select a veil that is attached to a metal or plastic comb. Make sure the veil complements the design and fabric of your dress, and suits your hairstyle.
Decide where you want to insert the comb before you start styling the hair. During the styling process, build up a base to support the comb by backcombing the hair in that spot.
- Style the hair as desired. Insert the comb after hairstyling. Make sure you push the comb in straight so that it can be removed by pulling it out in the opposite direction. Moreover, make sure to push in the comb deep enough so that it is entirely concealed by the hair.
- When you are ready to remove the veil, gently pull out the comb in the opposite direction.
Check out these 5 bridal hairstyles and step-by-step guides on how to achieve them, so you can feel confident and stunning on your big day.
1. GLAMOROUS TWIST
Evoke the romance of a 1920s film with this classic design. Feminine and elegant, it features a smooth wave at the front and an indulgently wrapped back.
- Wash and blow dry the hair. Mark a triangular part at the brow and gather the hair at the front of the head in a clip.
- Gather the rest of the hair in a low ponytail at the back of the head, slightly to the side.
- Affix three hairnets to a pin and secure them to the ponytail. Make sure you select hairnets that match the color of the hair.
- Divide the hair into three sections. Backcomb one section from the roots to increase volume.
- Gently brush the top layer of this section and mist with holding spray.
- Wrap this section of hair with a hairnet.
- Repeat the same procedure with the other two sections of hair.
- Remove the hair clip from the hair at the front of the head. Mist the hair with holding spray and style with a wave iron to create waves.
- Make sure the waves reach the ends of the hair and then let the hair cool for about 5 minutes.
- Return to the back of the head and make a basic braid using the three groups of hair wrapped in the hairnets.
- Make sure you don’t make the braid too tight because you want to preserve the volume. Secure the end of the braid with an elastic band.
- Gently draw the wavy hair from the front of the head towards the braid. Make sure you don’t damage the waves.
- Secure this hair at the top of the braid with bobby pins.
- Sweep the braid upwards to leave the neck bare and position as desired at the back of the head.
- Secure the braid with bobby pins and mist with holding spray.
2. SWIRLED SURPRISE
This bridal hairstyle, with its loops, curls and tucks, this sculpted hairstyle creates an immediate impact.
- Wash and blow dry the hair. Divide the hair into five sections: one at the brow; one on either side of the brow; one at the crown of the head; and one at the back of the head. Gather the section at the crown of the head into a ponytail.
- Gather the hair at the back of the head in a low ponytail.
- Backcomb the hair in the upper ponytail to increase the volume.
- Backcomb the hair all the way to the ends to maximize the volume.
- Gently brush the exterior of the ponytail, while taking care to preserve the volume.
- Wrap a transparent hairnet around this ponytail and affix the net at the base of the ponytail with a bobby pin.
- Move to the lower ponytail and backcomb the hair all the way to the ends to increase volume.
- Wrap this section of hair in a transparent hairnet.
- Twist the wrapped ponytail upwards, in the direction of the upper ponytail.
- Secure the wrapped ponytail around the base of the upper ponytail, shaping it with your hands until you achieve the desired look.
- Brush out the hair on both sides of the head and draw it towards the back of the head.
- Shape these sections of hair as you like and secure to the scalp with bobby pins. Continue to shape the ends of the hair along the sides of the wrapped sections of hair and secure them with bobby pins.
- Backcomb the bangs close to the roots.
- Roll the hair backwards to allow for volume and then secure with bobby pins.
- Roll the ends of the hair into curls that blend in with the sections of hair that you’ve already sculpted. Secure with bobby pins and mist with holding spray.
3. FAIRYTALE BEAUTY
Bring fairytale beauty to your special night with this elegant design. Perfectly decorated
with a floral hair accessory.
- Wash and blow dry the hair. Make a part down the middle and gather a section of hair at the front of the head, on one side of the part. Roll the hair downwards around a roller and secure. Repeat on the other side of the part.
- Making your way towards the back of the head, curl another section of hair. This time, use a medium sized curling iron to roll the hair. Hold the curl in place with a large hair clip.
- Repeat step 2 by rolling sections of hair all over the head. Spray each rolled section with a little holding spray to hold the curl in place.
- Allow the curled hair to set for about 10 minutes, then remove the clip from each curl and gently open the curl with your fingers.
- Gently backcomb each curl to increase volume.
- Brush out the hair gently without reducing the volume.
- Mist the hair with holding spray, then draw a curl from the front of the head towards the back and hold it in place with a bobby pin.
- Take another section of hair from the front, backcomb it at the roots, then draw it towards the back of the head and pin it in place.
- Gently release the hair at the front of the face from the roller.
- Gather a section of hair from the front of the head and draw it towards the back. Make sure the curl remains. Pin the hair at the back of the head.
- Divide a hair extension into three even sections and make a simple braid. Grasp the braid at one end and push the braided hair towards the other end, leaving one part of the hair straight and flat.
- This technique produces a braid with an interesting texture.
- Pin one end of the braid above one ear, and bring the braid around the front of the head, like a hair band.
- Bring the braid towards the back of the head and affix it with bobby pins to the hair at the back of the head.
- Mist with holding spray to secure the hairstyle. Affix a hair accessory at the back of the head with bobby pins.
4. SENSUAL SWIRL
This smooth design is wavy, sexy, and elegant. Besides it leaves the neck enticingly visible, so make sure you accessorize with a pretty necklace.
- Wash and blow dry the hair. Make a relatively large, triangular part above the brow and curl this section of hair with hot rollers.
- Gather the hair below the curls and above the ear line in a tight ponytail at the back of the head.
- Brush the loose hair at the back of the head to one side. Secure it with a line of bobby pins that extends upwards from the nape of the neck. For a secure hold, insert the bobby pins in pairs in an Xshape.
- Brush the rest of the loose hair back over the line of bobby pins. Mist with holding spray to secure it.
- Roll the hair upwards in a banana twist to cover the line of pins you inserted in step 3. Insert bobby pins close to the scalp to secure the rolled hair firmly.
- Draw the loose ends of hair over the top of the loop and tuck them inside the loop.
- Secure this loop of hair with bobby pins.
- Bring the ponytail you made in step 2 to one side and secure it with bobby pins. Insert the pins in opposite directions (one should be inserted from the top downwards and the other from the bottom upwards). This ensures a secure fit.
- Fold the hair back in the other direction, wrapping it around to form a loop, and then secure with a large hair clip.
- Roll the ends of the hair into the center of the loop.
- Use bobby pins to secure the hairstyle you’ve created. You may need to use quite a few bobby pins, so insert them gently and carefully to make sure they don’t affect the overall look of the hairstyle.
- Remove the rollers at the front of the hair, lightly brush out the hair and mist with holding spray.
- Bring the hair backwards, over the hair that has been rolled and pinned at the back of the head. Allow the hair to form a gentle wave and then mist with holding spray.
- Tuck the section of hair into the rolled hair at the back, so that it blends in smoothly with that hair.
- Once the holding spray dries, remove the hair clips that were holding the hair temporarily in place. Replace them with bobby pins, inserted close to the scalp.
5. CINNAMON TWIST
This sleek hairstyle (among the 5 bridal hairstyles in this blog) is perfect for brides with fine hair. Backcombing adds volume while the twisted bun makes a perfect finish.
- Wash and blow dry the hair. Divide the hair into three sections: a front section that extends from ear to ear and up to the brow; a middle section at the crown of the head; and a back section that includes the hair at the back. Gather the hair at the back of the head in a low ponytail.
- Grasp a 2-inch section of hair immediately above the ponytail and backcomb it at the roots to increase volume.
- Grasp a similar section immediately above this (closer to the crown) and backcomb it at the roots as well.
- Draw the backcombed hair backwards and gently brush the exterior so that it is smooth and clean, but without reducing the volume. Mist with holding spray.
- Twist and pin the backcombed hair just above the ponytail.
- Repeat this technique to backcomb, brush, and draw back another section of hair at the top of the head. Pin this hair at the top of the ponytail.
- Repeat this process until you reach the front of the hairline. Make sure you leave the bangs loose. You’ll have created volume at the top of the head, while leaving the ends of the hair straight and loose.
- Gently brush back each section of hair to create a smooth surface. When backcombing the last section of hair, use an especially gentle touch in order to preserve a clean, sleek exterior.
- Make final adjustments with the end of a tail comb and then mist with holding spray.
- Draw a section of hair from one side of the ponytail and divide it into four sections. Use these sections to create a 4-strand braid.
- To make the braid, bring the rightmost section of hair towards the left by bringing it over the 2nd section, then under the 3rd section. Repeat the same process while moving in the opposite direction. Continue braiding in this way all the way to the end of the hair.
- Bring the braided section of hair up and over the head, like a hair band. Tuck the hair under at the other side and secure with bobby pins.
- Make a side part with the hair at the brow, then draw the hair to one side of the face and all the way to the back of the head.
- Twist this section of hair tightly around itself and then wrap it around the base of the ponytail. Secure with bobby pins.
The above 5 bridal hairstyles will bring out the best look on your big day.
We did gather the trendiest and charming 5 bridal hairstyles for you to get inspired
The 5 bridal hairstyles can be done on any type of hair, natural or extensions or wigs.
Follow us on pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/cutilucent/